Monday, September 27, 2010

Flashback with Musical Notes

Date: 8th Sept 2010 – 1st lecture
Location: In SIMC class........SO4
The entire class was busy in writing the current affairs assignment, which was thrown to us by Mr.Deepu Joy! It was interesting assignment, no doubt about it! Although there were reactions throughout the class, I knew for sure, that I was going to like this one!!! Anyways, this blog is not about the assignment so please don’t run away and read ahead!!!
While I was wondering about what to write I suddenly realised I was hearing ‘THINGS’ in midst of the class. [Wait a minute, “What do you mean by THINGS???” – My brain says to me. “They are known as musical notes”.]
Very well.....Yes....truly....they were music notes after all.
The soothing piano music instantly took me away from the disturbing world of Kashmir (the subject of the assignment), the letter and my cousin (again part of the assignment), the class I was in (the reality) and placed me when I was in my 6th class (my past)!
There I was, sitting in my home, in front of piano learning how to play it. It was a huge brown second hand piece, but for me it had become my world. It was gifted to me by my dad. Months passed and I started getting the hang of it. I developed an entirely new relation with my piano. The magical notes always took me away from the world of reality. It had become a gateway pass to my dreams and my world.
But suddenly one day, my world came crashing down with the news of my piano being sold. My, my, what a fight I had with my dad over the phone that day! He had not given me a chance to say ‘GOODBYE’ to my piano!
“Aishu, Aishu”, I realised Poonam was nudging me. “Stop day dreaming!” and in an instant I was back in the class.
It’s surprising how a simple instrumental piece can trigger off a flashback and make you realise what you are missing in life!!!


This is the instrumental piece played by Mr. Deepu Joy in class that took me back to my memory lane! Listen and ENJOY!!!



Although I don't have any photographs of my piano......this picture somewhere gives an idea of what my piano looked like!!!!

1 comment:

  1. music brings back memories !!!! very true !!!! i have written something alike in my blog too ! music makes the impression of the times you live deep inside your memories , and suddenly one day when you hear a particular track it reminds you of that particular event or particular time period of your life wen u had listened to that music !!!!! good start to a blog !!!!:~)

    ReplyDelete